Poly-Med is the leading developer of bioresorbable polymers and fibers. We help innovative medical device companies focused on improving patient outcomes. Poly-Med designs, develops and manufactures superior materials to get customer products to market in the most efficient manner with the greatest improvement to quality of life. Located in Anderson, South Carolina, Poly-Med, Inc. has been recognized as a leader in the industry for over 20 years. Poly-Med continues to grow in a multitude of medical device modalities. Our novel materials are key in actively enabling products ranging from vascular stents, hernia meshes, dental delivery systems, dental hygiene, and a variety of wound closure applications in the worldwide medical device market.
For additional information, visit our website at www.Poly-Med.com.
We employ a widely diverse team comprised of experts from material science, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, bioengineering, biology, business marketing, and project management to create a work environment focused on solving tough medically related problems. Our team is energetic, resourceful, and, above all, collaborative. We are searching for like-minded talent to build on our success and continue our quest to improve patient outcomes through novel polymeric and drug delivery systems.
Description for Textile Engineer:
This position will implement product design and process development activities with compliance to all quality and regulatory requirements. This is a full-time, on-site position. This role is an Independent Contributor role. There are no direct reports for this position. Interaction is potentially with all levels of the organization.
Responsibilities for Textile Engineer:
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and internal cross-functional team members to develop specifications, coordinate prototype fabrication of customer designed parts, and transition prototypes into manufactured components.
- Project member for new design and development teams of medical fibers and textiles.
- Provide technical expertise to improve process efficiency/product quality.
- Support new equipment/process implementation.
- Conduct process validation activities.
- Provide cost-saving initiatives by evaluating manufacturing processes while maintaining quality standards.
- Create and analyze prototype products.
- Design experiments to provide data based conclusion about a process or product performance.
- Design products, equipment or fixtures using CAD techniques.
- Recommend and rationalize specifications for development products.
- Develop test methods for evaluation of new products.
- Implementation of process improvements and monitoring for efficacy.
- Assist with implementing corrective actions (CAPA) with QA.
- Procure new testing and manufacturing equipment using IQ/OQ/PQ process validation techniques.
- Operate processing equipment in a specific process area.
- Conduct analytical techniques with the ability to interpret results for project recommendations.
- Lead and provide input to risk assessment activities such as FMEA.
- Assist in creation of publishable research findings in the form of abstracts, papers and grants.
- Support patent filing and claims.
- Write technical reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations.
Required/Preferable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for Textile Engineer:
- Must have experience with textile processing such as fiber extrusion, fiber winding, fiber warping, knitting (warp) and heat treatment of fiber and textiles.
- Prior experience with medical fibers and textiles preferred, especially bioabsorbable/bioresorbable materials.
- Prior experience working in an ISO 9001, ISO 13485, or GMP facility.
- Ability to handle confidential business information.
- Understanding of statistical methods and associated statistical analysis software. Preferred experience with Minitab
- Understanding of cause-effect relations between process inputs and product specifications.
- Understanding of the effect of a process on downstream steps or customer needs.
- Ability to design experiments and evaluate data using polymer and textile characterization techniques (tensile, burst, tear, porosity, DSC, GPC, viscosity, etc.).
- Ability to be a team player.
- Utilization of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) for project execution and internal communication purposes.
Education/Experience Requirements for Textile Engineer:
Required- Bachelor’s Degree with 1 or more years' industry experience
Preferred-Advanced Degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) with 1-2 years’ industry experience
Physical Requirements for Textile Engineer:
Requires walking, ability to climb stairs, stoop, kneel, and reach above shoulder heights and below waist throughout the day. Lifting as required with proper lifting techniques up to 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required.
Working Conditions for Textile Engineer:
This position is in a production environment where the use of personal protective equipment such as hearing protection, safety glasses, and safety shoes are mandated. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; some exposure to changes in temperature, noise, dust, and chemicals.
Poly-Med Employees are eligible for multiple benefits including vacation, choice in health benefits and optional plans. Poly-Med, Inc. is on a once a month payday schedule.
Poly-Med, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Poly-Med, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
- FDA regulations: 2 years (Preferred)
- Process engineering: 1 year (Required)
- textile engineering: 1 year (Required)
- CGMP: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person