Engineer, CI Floor Support
The Location for this role is in: Laconia, New Hampshire, United States
For this position, you will be expected to: This position is responsible for making plant wide manufacturing improvements in a well equipped machine ship environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Position will work towards quality improvements, set up reduction, production improvements, cost reduction and dispositioning of non conforming material.
- 5 Years experience in a metal working environment.
- Experience in machining centers and multi axis lathes required.
- Experience with high strength steels a plus.
Education & Experience:
- ·Technical Degree; BSME, ASME or equivalent preferred.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
· Ability to handle multiple projects and daily activities.
· Must be organized, resourceful, self-motivated and able to work independently.
· Must be able to be flexible and respond to the changing needs of the organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
WORKING HOURS: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Or as assigned)
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is mostly performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards, and with substantial time spent working on a computer. Requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
Note: Physical job requirements may include:
The ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Depending on the position, physical requirements may include standing, use of hands to carry out job functions as well as lifting, carrying, bending, walking, pushing, pulling and stooping during the course of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time. The job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. The above lists all of the essential functions, education, knowledge, skills and abilities required for this job. These are the minimum requirements; employees must also demonstrate good interpersonal skills, proper attitude and professionalism, acceptable attendance and work behaviors – at a minimum.
New Hampshire Ball Bearings, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex including orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Laconia, NH 03246: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person