Changing lives. Building Careers.
Joining us is a chance for you to do important work that creates change and shapes the future of healthcare. Thinking differently is what we do best. To us, change equals opportunity. Every day, more than 4,000 of us are challenging what’s possible and making headway to help improve outcomes.
The Quality Engineer I will be responsible for providing quality and engineering support to the Operations and Quality departments. Designs equipment and floor layouts. Responsible for equipment and process improvement projects, supporting introduction of new processes or equipment into the facility. Leading investigational activities around non-conformances and CAPA’s. Works collaboratively with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and other functional experts to support all daily operational activities. Consults with management to resolve quality, production, and efficiency problems. Functions in conjunction with manager and functional experts on special department projects. Works with internal departments to ensure implementation, maintenance, and improvement of the quality management system.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Intermediate level professional who understands and applies the principles and practices in providing quality and engineering support
- Positions at this level are individual contributors and team members
- Works to achieve assigned operational targets with direct impact on team results
- Receives moderate instruction and guidance to achieve objectives
- Writing & coordinating efforts for the development and implementation of new and updated Quality System procedures for ISO/QSR, such as validation protocols, manufacturing procedures, product & material specifications, design & development documentation, SOPs, development and task force projects.
- Facilitate the execution of Process FMEA and other applicable risk analysis as deemed appropriate.
- Collect, Analyze and report Quality Metrics
- Develop statistically based sampling plans for in-process and final testing and inspections, and validations.
- Work with project teams to develop DOEs and statistically sound tests for appropriate support of results.
- Develop, review and approve validations and completion reports for new and existing products, processes and equipment. Provide statistical analysis of the data to support the reports.
- Ensure that all projects are in compliance with GLP, QSR (including Design Controls), ISO or other applicable requirements.
- Formulate detailed product quality plans based on results of risk analysis
- Support as required the Quality Management Review Process
- Participate in FDA inspections, ISO Certification and surveillance audits and customer audits.
- Support corporate Regulatory Affairs by providing information for submissions and Annual Reports.
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Audit internal groups or programs and external vendors for compliance with corporate and international regulatory guidelines.
- Interact and coordinate activities with other departments, external vendors and customers.
- Work with Product Development team in order to ensure all aspects of Design Transfer activities are being met
- As required, assist or lead in the prompt implementation of Non-Conformance resolution, and Corrective & Preventative Action(s) (CAPA support)
- Aid in the implementation SPC control system with Manufacturing and Quality Control.
- Perform other Quality Systems related duties as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Minimum required education and experience: Bachelor degree or equivalent with 3+ years of experience, Master degree with 0-2 years of experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Biomedical, mechanical, chemical, or electrical) or Science (Biology, Chemistry)
- A minimum of 0 – 3 years’ experience in a medical device, pharmaceuticals, Quality/Regulatory Compliance, or other regulated product preferred environment.
- Familiarity with application of FDA and/or ISO quality standards in a government regulated industry.
- Highly proficient in computer competence, including experience with database and Microsoft Office software to create reports, spreadsheets, analyze data and prepare presentations.
- Able to support manufacturing by analyzing process data and recommending changes to improve quality.
- Ability to query databases and generate reports.
- Ability to follow instructions precisely, recognize deviations, and recommend corrective action.
Integra LifeSciences is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, marital status, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. If you'd like more information on your rights under the law, please see the following notices:
EEO Is the Law| EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $73,105.99 - $88,041.63 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location