Steel Partners Holdings L.P. (NYSE: SPLP; www.steelpartners.com) is a publicly-traded diversified global holding company that has significant interests in leading companies in various industries including diversified industrial products, energy, defense, banking, insurance, food products and services, oilfield services, sports, training, education, and the entertainment and lifestyle industries.
As long-term investors, Steel Partners has focused on enhancing value through the implementation of operational excellence, corporate strategic restructuring programs and other components of the Steel Partners culture - what we call “The Steel Way.” Together, Steel Partners businesses generate $3.4 billion in revenue and employ more than 13,000 people in 18 countries.
To find out more about the company, please visit www.SteelPartners.com
HandyTube Corporation is a seamless specialty tubing manufacturer based in Camden, Delaware. As a premium manufacturer, HandyTube provides customer-specific solutions for the flow of gas, steam, and liquids in the most harsh and demanding environments. The Company’s process allows it to produce made-to-order, seamless, stainless steel and specialty alloy tubing ranging from one inch in diameter to finer than a human hair, and in continuous lengths that can exceed a mile. Dedicated to high-quality service and products. HandyTube’s highly experienced engineers provide expertise on new product development through continuous improvement and lean manufacturing and work successfully with customers globally to take products and projects from initial concept to full scale implementation.
Customers rely on the Company’s team of engineers to refine ideas, explore options, create new solutions, analyze values, and deliver on commitments.
To find out more about HandyTube, please visit www.handytube.com
Key to delivering world class products to our customers is the ability to optimize the cost and efficiency of our manufacturing processes. Reporting to the Senior Manufacturing Engineer, the Process Engineer creates, sets specifications, develops, implements and monitors equipment and processes within our manufacturing operation with a focus on optimization. Process Engineering is at work during all stages of our continuous manufacturing process, including new product development and production. As a result, this key position works with people across the company including Engineer, Manufacturing, Finance, Sales and customers at times. The Process Engineer will need strong investigation and research skills, the ability to identify and implement best practices, strong attention to detail and the ability to document processes in a clear and concise manner and excellent communication skills.
· Promote Safety as the Number One Priority of all HandyTube employees.
· Research and develop manufacturing equipment needs.
· Conduct research to develop new and improved processes for manufacturing.
· Monitor existing equipment to ensure efficiency and effectiveness is optimized.
· Develop and implement process improvements to optimize equipment
· Maintain compliance materials necessary to demonstrate compliance with both
internal and external regulations and protocols.
· Utilize ERP system to maintain necessary documentation including routings.
· Assist Manufacturing resources with troubleshooting equipment issues.
· Collect, interpret and report on data related to process improvements.
· Assist with purchase and installation of new equipment.
· Assist with equipment and process risk assessment.
· Maintain current understanding of production best practices tied to industry.
· Reduce downtime and scrap by improving condition and operation of
· Be able to estimate production costs.
· Complete projects on time and within budget.
· Performs other tasks as assigned.
· Bachelors’ Degree (Mechanical Engineering preferred).
· At least 2 years’ experience related experience (Manufacturing experience
· Intermediate or Advanced Excel skills required.
· Demonstrated success utilizing continuous improvement tools to improve
· Ability to utilize ERP system to analyze machine and staff performance.
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
with the ability to correspond verbally and in writing in a manner which results
in mutual understanding.
· Self-directed with attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Ability to lead process improvements using our HandyTube continuous
improvement system, including the development and implementation of
· Ability to influence cross-functional business partners.
· Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools, reach with hands
and arms, and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Good close vision and depth perception skills.
· AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience preferred.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
· Positive attitude, good judgment and excellent time management skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person