Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defence as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
The Engineering Lead of Aircraft Maintenance Programs Engineering is a high visibility position leading in a dynamic environment interfacing directly with other Airbus departments and the end customer (focused on Americas regional customer airlines). The position will establish a strong foundation for upward mobility within a global Airbus organization.
The selected individual will lead a group of maintenance programs engineers on cabin and cargo, structures, and zonal tasks with the purpose to challenge, identify and select necessary Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, airworthiness limitations, and maintenance requirements.
Primary duties & responsibilities:
- Lead and guide a team of engineering professionals to develop and deliver completed engineering requirements for assigned projects.
- Facilitate team dynamics to assure cohesiveness within the group.
- Plan, support and report annual budget and spending.
- Represent the team in global team lead meetings, committees, and other business meetings.
- Represent Airbus in operator meetings, technical conferences, international industry conferences, etc.
- Collaborate with other Airbus aircraft maintenance departments to support the Customer Airlines and maintenance engineering activities
- Lead the team in the criteria and feedback cycle of the annual Performance and Development (P&D) performance process for the group.
- Lead team in increased engagement & direct contact with airlines in the Americas region.
- Technical approval of deliverables within the Maintenance Review Board and Type Certification exercises.
- Support resolution of technical problems that would critically affect performance, cost, or schedule.
- Contribute to the Safety Management System established within the organization.
Required Experience / Skills / Training:
- Experience leading a technical team of aviation personnel.
- Able to critically analyze and challenge design data within the scope of the position. Good coordination and relationship skills to work with team members, customers, partners, airworthiness authorities and other Airbus departments; a good team player.
- Ability to understand and mentor principles within assigned discipline.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical aircraft topics.
- Excellent communication, coordination, and organization skills.
- Ability to inter-relate with and motivate diverse teams.
- Good presentation and communication skills, as well as able to do so effectively to middle and upper management.
- Required fluency in English, both oral and written.
Desired Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Prior experience at or working with a Customer Airline beneficial.
- Previous experience of aircraft maintenance MSG-3 methodology and familiarity with design and certification process advantageous.
- General knowledge of Continued & Continuing Airworthiness process beneficial.
Education / Special Qualifications:
BS in engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience required. Experience in aircraft maintenance programs engineering beneficial. A master's degree in Engineering Management or MBA advantageous.
Airbus is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Airbus is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
As a leader in our field, Airbus provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person