Piedmont Land Design, LLP (PLD) is an award winning Land Planning Design firm established in 2000 that specializes in Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture and Land Planning. PLD is involved in many exciting projects including large-scale master planned developments, mixed-use developments, office parks, residential developments, congregate care, commercial, and industrial projects.
PLD is in search of a driven and detail oriented Civil Engineer. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in all aspects of private sector site design, including grading, erosion control, storm drainage, water and utilities, and other related site improvements for a variety of projects located in the NC Piedmont market. We offer an attractive salary/benefits package, including health insurance, life & disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid vacation, sick time and holidays. Compensation is commensurate on experience. Salary Range: $100K - $135K
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited College/University.
- NC Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) on track to obtain PE within one year.
- 5 to 10 years of experience specifically related to private development site design in the Piedmont region.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work directly with clients, regulators, municipalities, and other local and state agencies to develop and present site plans.
- Familiar with local design regulations and processes.
- Project management from conception to final construction.
- Perform storm water design systems from conceptual planning through construction document phases utilizing AutoCAD.
- Perform design calculations (water, sewer and storm drainage hydraulic modeling, SCM’s, erosion control, etc.) and prepare report figures and exhibits.
- Prepare drawings, specifications, calculations and other engineering documents.
- Perform limited construction inspections for compliance with plans.
- Prepare, submit and track required site permits.
- Prepare appropriate certifications of construction as required.
- Generate correspondence, attend meetings and serve as a point of contact for clients, review agencies, contractors, and design team members.
- Knowledge of current codes and regulatory standards.
- Ability to operate various specialized software and office equipment, such as, large format plotters, AutoCAD, Civil3D, Hydraflow, and Microsoft/Excel.
- Maintain and update records and various files related to projects.
- Provide a positive and creative attitude in the office with co-workers and clients, and assist in mentoring.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Raleigh, NC 27615: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Civil engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person