The Project Engineer - (Bilingual Japanese) will be responsible for directing and coordinating the activities involved in the development, prototype, evaluation and validation of product and component designs.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Atlanta, GA or Montgomery, AL.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Supervise employees assigned to the project group and be responsible for contractual fulfillment of the assigned projects. Define objectives, prepare specifications, plans and schedules and assign responsibilities to subordinates. Coordinate the design, development, manufacture, test and delivery of projects.
- Analyze and or perform research and testing on potential designs as they relate to numerous requirements including agency, shop, fit, cost, strength and schedule.
- Coordinate such activities as purchasing, accounting, contract administration, manufacturing, outside vendors and plant security in order to ensure successful completion of projects with constraints
- Direct preparation of contractual correspondence and reports, including records of drawings released material list, trouble reports, changes in service and performance data and delivery information.
- Prepare progress reports to management covering all phases of the project. Investigate and troubleshoot serious product design related problems and opportunities, documenting finds and performing corrective/improvement changes.
- Manage projects of large and small scale, to ensure project is executed within time, cost and budget constraints.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 5-8 years of related experience in project management
- Strong team/group management skills
- Experience in evaluating products for manufacturability, cost and performance
- Experience in investigating, troubleshooting, documenting, and performing corrective actions in product designs. Strong intra/inter company and external coordination skills
- Experience in contract administration, and working with outside vendors
- Experience in engineering/manufacturing change processes
HOW TO STAND OUT
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in cross-functional project management education or training
- Working knowledge of UL and CSA water heater standards
- Experience in design training
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Project management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Product Design: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Roswell, GA 30076