Come and work for a company that is a leader in the design, fabrication, installation and service of advanced processing equipment for the rubber and related industries! Their automated equipment and material handling solutions include weighing and feeding systems, as well as upstream and downstream equipment for mixing, calendaring, extruding, cutting and packaging. Their customers operate our equipment in over 30 countries around the world and look to them for innovative solutions and reliable equipment. They are looking for creative, talented and energetic people to support their continued growth, modern designs and growing global customer base.
This is a small, yet growing company that is very family oriented and truly values and appreciates their employees. They have great flexibility and they're quickly expanding. You don't want to miss this opportunity!
The Electrical Controls Engineer will design and implement electrical hardware and software designs for their processing and material handling equipment. This position reports to the Technical Manager in a staff of seven engineers.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Design and program electrical controls for equipment utilizing PLC’s, HMI’s and AC drives. Preparing and completing action plans to achieve production, productivity, quality, and customer-service goals.
- Resolve electrical engineering issues; identify trends; determine system improvements; and implement change.
- Forecast project requirements and challenges; preparing accurate project budgets and schedules; analyze variances, and initiate corrective actions.
- Plan electrical projects by determining specifications, selecting equipment, creating and integrating electrical design specifications, implementing and verifying code requirements, and updating cost estimates.
- Complete electrical projects by supervising installations and resolving design issues, with approximately 15% travel.
- Maintain safe and healthy electrical designs by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, and complying with legal regulations.
- Update job knowledge by remaining current on codes and requirements, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
Work Hours & Benefits
- Base salary ($75-110K), plus incentive bonus based on company growth and profit
- 4-day standard work week to support work-life balance
- Opportunities to travel, perform R&D projects, and advance to sales or management
- Medical Insurance (Company shared cost)
- Dental and Vision benefits available
- Paid time off and company holidays
- Company sponsored IRA with contribution match
Electrical Controls Engineer Qualifications/Skills:
- Proficient in electronic system design, production technologies and troubleshooting
- Work independently and schedule personal workload
- Understand customer requirement and Midlands equipment to offer solutions
- Possess strong math, logic and problems solving skills
- Strong customer service focus
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years work experience in designing electrical controls and programs for PLC, HMI and AC drives – particularly Allen Bradley.
- Experience completing technical projects involving material handling or other automated equipment.
- Designing concepts and preparing estimates for equipment controls based on customer specifications.
- Successful project management experience.
Preferred but not required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP).
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering.
We encourage intelligent, creative and talented people to apply to join our team today. You will be part of a leading equipment designer and manufacturer that will provide opportunities for you to gain experience, skills, and career advancement opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Canton, OH 44705: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Programmable logic controllers: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: In person