Revalyu (US) LLC will construct a manufacturing facility in Statesboro, Georgia, to convert recycled PET bottle flakes into rPET pellets using a breakthrough chemical recycling process. Our customers can directly replace their conventional PET material with sustainably produced, recycled PET for their production of fibers, textiles, carpet, food packaging, and even new drink bottles. We are in the early stages of the project and hiring staff for key positions that will lead the construction project and later the manufacturing operations.
Revalyu (US) Office: Statesboro, GA 30458.
The Electrical Controls Engineer is responsible for electrical distribution, electrical control, and process control systems. The Electrical Controls Engineer researches, develops, designs, tests, and implements/installs electrical and control components, equipment, systems, and networks. The role of the position will change from project engineering to plant and process support as the business moves from engineering to construction to commissioning to continuous operation.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS DURING PROJECT
- Reviews electrical plans and equipment specifications for accuracy and completeness.
- Leads design and development of plant site electrical distribution, control systems, and data networks.
- Recommends electrical and component changes based on knowledge and experience; Recommends equipment suppliers based on process knowledge and experience.
- Solicits and reviews equipment quotations making value recommendations to the Purchasing Manager. Creates purchase requisitions.
- Reviews supplier submittals and coordinates changes to plans and equipment.
- Conducts equipment fabrication inspections and pre-shipment approvals. Assists the Supply Room Technician with the inspection of received items.
- Observes electrical and network installation insuring compliance with plans and process requirements.
- Communicates engineering and design information between the US based US One Project Team (US Project Team) and the India based US One Project Team (India Project Team); Communicates US Building Codes and Standards, FM Recommendations, and Company Standards to construction contractors and equipment suppliers.
- Assists the SHE Manager with Process Hazards Reviews, Safety Reviews, and Safety Audits; Assists the Maintenance Manager with the development of preventative maintenance plans and spare parts lists.
- Prepares operating instructions, maintenance instructions, and training documents.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS AFTER PLANT COMMISSIONING
- Conducts process control and process troubleshooting activities.
- Reviews plant performance versus key performance factors and makes recommendations for process and equipment changes to improve plant performance.
- Responds to problems relating to electrical and controls issues and is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, as support for the Manufacturing Manager and Maintenance Manager.
- Works directly with the Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Technicians to trouble shoot process and equipment problems.
- Supports process development with changes to electrical and process control systems including the DCS, PLCs, inverters, and instruments.
- Provides support, trouble shooting, and maintenance for data networks and devices.
- Assists the SHE Manager with Process Hazards Reviews, Safety Reviews, and Safety Audits; Assists the Maintenance Manager with the development of preventative maintenance plans, technical training plans, and spare parts lists.
- Be able to travel to different areas and visit other manufacturing sites to enhance our process and provide input on the systems at other locations.
What we're looking for in a Electrical Controls Engineer role:
- A four-year college degree in Electrical Engineering or related Sciences is preferred. A two-year degree in Electrical Engineering, Automation, or Mechatronics may be acceptable with extensive industrial experience.
- 5 years of experience with electrical and control systems in a chemical processing or polymer manufacturing industry is preferred.
- An in depth understanding of process control using PLCs, inverters, SCADA systems, HART protocols, PROFIBUS and Ethernet networks.
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical skills are required.
- PLC programming. Inverter setup. SCADA programming
Apply via https://jobs.heraeus.com/job/Various-locations-Electrical-Controls-Engineer-30458/917717401/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Statesboro, GA 30458: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- PLC programming and SCADA programming: 1 year (Required)
- electrical and control systems: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person