The Electrical Engineer will lead the installation and maintenance efforts across Plant 78's electrical systems for manufacturing equipment. They will aid supervisors in overseeing the fabrication, modification, installation, startup, and maintenance of plant equipment and building systems. Finally, they will execute capital and expense projects related to the improvement and repair of plant electrical equipment and building systems.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, and is a global leader in delivering carpet, hardwood, tile & stone, laminate, synthetic turf, and other specialty products to residential and commercial markets worldwide. We are committed to creating a better future for our customers, our people, our company, and our communities.
- Lead in maintaining the Plant Electrical distribution system. This includes maintenance activities such as circuit breaker testing, transformer records/testing, switchgear maintenance, Infrared inspections, ultrasonic testing of switchgear.
- Actively work to improve the safety of working conditions for team members, including hosting Arc Flash training, LOTO, PPE, auditing, safety teams, and more.
- Lead capital and expense projects as assigned by Plant Engineer.
- Leads in major electrical/instrumentation troubleshooting and the investigation of new technologies.
- Help to develop and maintain SOPs, Plant computer systems, and any specialized equipment to improve safety, quality, and reliability.
- Develop and maintain Preventive Maintenance (PM) schedule and records for operating areas. Attend weekly scheduling meetings for Reliability Electricians.
- Manages the process of ordering vendor parts and repairs as necessary; and keeping an adequate supply of critical spare parts in Maintenance Shops.
- Initiate outside service purchase requisitions and coordinate execution with contractors for such items as component repairs, on-site maintenance, equipment cleaning, etc.
- Assist in training efforts of area personnel through procedure writing/modifications, conducting sessions, bringing in outside resources, purchasing training materials and equipment, etc.
- As necessary, communicate any information concerning disciplinary action pertaining to safety violations. Work with the Maintenance Planner to ensure the Maintenance Department is following the TPM process.
Four (4) year B.S. degree from a recognized university or college, preferably in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
Related jobs as supervisor or engineer with several years of equivalent experience. (i.e., five (5) to six (6) years related experience).
- Learn Continuously
- Execute Action Plan
- Deliver Compelling Communication
- Coach and Support
8 Hr. M-F day shift, Observed Calendar, shift starts AM
Shaw benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance and Pet insurance
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Health savings account
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- 401K and Retirement Plans
- Product discounts for employees
- Gym membership discounts
- Adoption assistance
- Shaw Family Health Center (Dalton, GA, and Cartersville, GA, locations)
- And much more.
This position can be filled as an Electrical Engineer or Sr. Electrical Engineer depending on the candidate's experience level.
8 Hr non-rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Observed Calendar, shift starts AM
Shaw Industries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Location: Shaw Plant 78,136 East Frontage Road, Aiken, SC 29802 USA
Location: Shaw Plant 78,136 East Frontage Road,Aiken,SC 29802 USA, Aiken, SC 29802
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $59,000.00 - $102,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aiken, SC 29802: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
Will you now or in the future require Shaw Industries, Group to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)?
This is sometimes called “sponsorship” for an employment-based visa status.
- Electrical engineering: 1 year (Preferred)