Job Title: Electrical / Controls Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1995, Motion Controls Robotics, INC. (MCRI) is a leader of automation solutions for manufacturing industries across the world. As a Level 4, Certified Servicing Integrator for FANUC Robotics, MCRI creates solutions for Fortune 500 and small manufacturers specializing in automation systems used for food & beverage, plastics, building & construction materials, converting and board & sheet goods industries. At MCRI, we want people who are looking for a career and not just a job. We believe it is our positive, “fun” work atmosphere that makes our employees enjoy coming to work. It is important to us that all our employees get the chance to grow with MCRI while achieving personal and professional goals in a challenging and exciting work environment.
MCRI is looking for an innovative individual to join our team as an Electrical / Controls Engineer. This position affords a high degree of responsibility and autonomy in your work. As a core member of the electrical engineering team at MCRI, you will lead the development and design of electrical control systems and industrial controls panels to develop custom robotic solutions that keeps the manufacturing industry competitive. The successful candidate will focus on project leadership, working interactively with MCRI’s project teams and customers, as well as maintaining compliance with various electrical and safety standards.
With a desire to learn more about the robotics industry, the opportunity for advancement is accessible. Training opportunities include on-the-job training, tuition payment for courses related to your position and/or a degree, and onsite or internet-based training from the leading provider of robots, FANUC America.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design electrical schematics for automated robotic equipment using CAD software.
- Design electrical controls and enclosures according to UL508A, NEC, and NFPA79E standards.
- Collaborate with a project team and customers to create efficient and effective solutions for robotic automation cells.
- Produce project specific bill of materials (BOM) to complete ordering for individual projects.
- Research and develop new concepts / solutions.
- Test and prove out sensor / controls equipment concepts for projects.
- Hot check electrical enclosures and equipment.
- Create electrical schematics.
- Negotiate prices of preferred electrical purchased parts with our vendors.
- Create project manuals, recommended spare parts list and risk assessments for each project.
- Use organizational skills to maintain a neat and organized work environment.
- Two-year technical degree in electrical/electronic or at least 1-5 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of UL508A, NEC, NFPA79E standards.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical control systems.
- Microsoft office and strong computer skills.
- Experience using electrical test equipment (I.E. Multimeter) and electrical tools.
- Knowledge of power distribution, PLCs, industrial control panels, and field control components.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Experience with control panel and field wiring.
- Experience using CAD software (AutoCAD Electrical Preferred).
- Experience with control panel and field wiring preferred.
- Knowledge of RIA/A3 Safety standards preferred.
- Hands-on mechanical skills (hand tools, power tools, etc.).
- Previous shop floor, assembly or maintenance work experience.
- Exceptional mathematical skills.
- Excellent reasoning skills.
- Outstanding communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time, on-site at Fremont, Ohio
Pay: $55K - $80K annual salary, plus straight time for OT (Salary +) - in accordance with job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Salary +
- 401(k) matching
- Health Savings Account
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Profit Sharing Incentive
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation Reimbursement Assistance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekends only
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fremont, OH 43420: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person