- Microsoft Office
- Continuous improvement
- Federal Aviation Regulations
- Organizational skills
Development of engineering stress and substantiation data within budget in accordance with FAA, customer and HAECO Cabin Solutions standards of quality.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Be familiar with HAECO Cabin Solutions’ internal policies and procedures.
2. Have working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s), Airworthiness Directives (AD’s), Alternate Means of Compliance (AMOC) and related regulatory requirements and processes.
3. Have working knowledge of aircraft design concepts and industry design standards consistent with HAECO Cabin Solutions’ workload environment.
4. Under the supervision of a senior engineer analyze structural engineering data produced by other engineering groups to ensure it meets the structural requirements for FAA certification.
5. Under the supervision of a senior engineer check structural engineering data produced by other engineering groups to ensure it meets the structural requirements for FAA certification.
6. Under the supervision of a senior engineer generate stress analysis notes in a usable, traceable file that serves as a historical substantiation record of the repair or modification.
7. Under the supervision of a senior engineer develop, when necessary, finite element models to aid in the development of design and certification data.
8. Independently or under the supervision of a senior engineer create, develop, and implement test procedures as required to obtain certifiable allowables data for use by HAECO Cabin Solutions.
9. Have a working relationship with HAECO Cabin Solutions’ Structures DER’s and UM’s to assure that structures and interior related FAR’s are addressed.
10. Under the supervision of a senior engineer create and develop structural engineering substantiation reports that will be used to certify repair and modification data.
11. Under the supervision of a senior engineer provide technical support to HAECO Cabin Solutions Production during the manufacturing and installation phases of HAECO Cabin Solutions developed designs.
12. Under the supervision of a senior engineer support other Engineering groups as workload requirements dictate.
13. Have knowledge of continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls, flows and systems.
14. Must be able to work assigned schedule with minimal absences.
Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Accountable to the Substantiation Manager in all daily functions.
1. BS Degree in Engineering or related scientific field, or equivalent combination of experience and coursework.
2. Three (3) years industry experience in engineering field, preferably dealing in the design of modifications to transport category aircraft.
3. Minimum two (2) years experience utilizing Solidworks (or comparable CAD program) with demonstrable proficiency.
4. Must possess some knowledge of FAA regulations, certification processes and related requirements.
5. Must possess knowledge of standard aircraft components, materials, fabrication practices, aviation hardware and proper application in design.
6. Must possess knowledge of engineering principles used in 3D-computer modeling, and other analytical substantiation techniques.
7. Must possess knowledge of personal computer systems with Microsoft Office.
8. Must have knowledge of the use and application of aircraft technical data such as engineering drawings, SRM’s, MM’s, SB’s, IPC’s, WD’s, etc.
9. Must possess good oral, written, and organizational skills, and be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
10. Experience in commercial aircraft interior payload design and/or Interior monument design (Lavatory, Closets, Crew Rests, Galley design).
1. Must be able to sit and work efficiently at video display terminals for extended periods of time.
2. Must possess the ability to maneuver around airplanes (i.e. climbing stairs, on work stands, man lifts, etc.) and in confined areas (i.e. cargo compartments, fuel tanks, E/E bays, etc.).
3. Must be able to lift and carry 15 lbs.