Technic, a world leader in surface finishing technology, is seeking an Electrical Controls Designer for our equipment division in Pawtucket, RI. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team committed to advancing the state of the art for automated surface finishing equipment.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you'll work with our talented team of mechanical, electrical and controls engineers, salespeople, and production supervisors to build our systems: from concept, through design and fabrication, to testing the working systems on our factory floor, to supporting the field installation team. We enjoy terrific employee retention and hope to add you to our team.
- Develop electrical schematics, panel layouts and BOMs for custom automated electroplating and other wet processing equipment.
- Work closely with mechanical engineering on, among other things, sensor and motor selection and process control.
- 5 years experience designing industrial electrical control systems
- Experience with Autocad
- Experience with PLCs, distributed I/O and Ethernet industrial control networking
- Experience with NFPA 70 (NEC), NFPA 79 (Industrial Machinery)
- Knowledge of automated industrial equipment
- Proficiency with EPLAN Electrical P8 or similar Electrical CAD software
- Familiarity with Allen-Bradley CompactLogix processors, safety processors and Integrated Motion
- Knowledge of Machine Safety and Risk Assessment
- UL508A (Industrial Control Panels)
Technic Equipment Division designs, fabricates and assembles advanced and highly custom electroplating and other wet processing systems at our location in Pawtucket, RI. Many of the systems are automated, and they can be over a hundred feet in length. Each machine has its own challenges and rewards, bringing great variety to the team's work.
Technic Inc. is a Rhode Island based corporation with over 900 employees and 20 locations worldwide. Technic is a leading global supplier of specialty chemicals, custom finishing equipment, engineered powders, and analytical control systems to the semiconductor, electronic component, printed circuit board, industrial finishing, and decorative industries. Technic Equipment Division is located in Pawtucket, Rhode Island with sister facilities in Clearwater, Florida and Singapore.
See www.technic.com/equipment/automated-processing-equipment for more information on the Technic Equipment Division.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: On the road