Relocation assistance available** On-site position located in Chantilly, VA**
You can also apply via text. Text Foxjobs04 to (703) 270-0810.
These are the qualities of our work—and of the people who do it. If these qualities are part of your life, too, you’ll want to explore a career at EKFox.
As part of our creative, can-do team, you’ll have the chance to realize your full potential through a wide range of challenging engineering assignments. You can take pride in helping us to design for future generations, working to enrich America’s security—at home and abroad—and spearheading exciting new directions in sustainability and energy efficiency.
EKFox is an experienced team of talented, motivated individuals who share a passion for solving problems and improving the built environment. We continue to strengthen our commitment to provide a work environment and culture that stimulates creativity, values integrity and encourages professional growth.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team:
The mid-level Electrical Engineer will be part of a team supporting the design, implementation, testing, and commissioning of a variety of electrical power, monitoring and control, security, telecommunications, and critical systems. The electrical engineer candidate must be a self-starter and willing to learn; able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team; able to communicate with engineers, project managers, and customers regarding engineering concepts and solutions; and must be comfortable with the broad scope of cradle-to-grave design engineering. Typical duties that the mid-level Electrical Engineer will be expected to perform will include power, telemetry, telecommunication circuit and schematic design, research and development, systems integration, testing, hands-on assembly, data gathering (surveys), and PLC programming.
· U.S. Citizenship
· BS in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
· 4-10 years of experience in design and/or fabrication environments
· Active Secret or Top Secret security clearance
· Understanding of single- and three-phase power systems
· Strong communications skills, both written and oral
· Willingness to learn
· Self-starter; able to work independently; able to work with a multidisciplinary team and customer group
· Architecture/Engineering (A/E) design experience
· Critical power system designs involving UPSs, generators, transfer switches, and redundant/fault tolerant topologies
· Experience with industrial and/or network communications protocols and hardware
· General knowledge of control systems, including physical design, PLC/HMI programming, and monitoring/telemetry systems
· Competency with common hand and power tools
· Experience providing technical training
· PE license, or progress towards obtaining a PE license
· Project management experience
· AutoCAD experience
· SKM experience
About EKFox Specialized Design group:
The Specialized Design Group was formed with the specific objective of addressing the more complex and specialized infrastructure requirements of a select group of confidential clienteles which includes work of national interest. In the course of supporting our clients, the Specialized Design Group continues to grow, offering significant opportunities for development and advancement. Contributing to the success of several mission critical markets, the Specialized Design Group allows creative managers, intuitive engineers and technical experts to grow in a fast paced, team based, broad spectrum, hands on environment.
The Specialized Design Group works in close coordination with our clients to identify and resolve technical and operational challenges through the project life cycle. Offering proven expertise to our clients in the form of strategic consulting, engineering design, systems integration, testing and commissioning, operations and maintenance, training, research and development and forensic analysis, we know and do what it takes to ensure the mission succeeds and enjoy great satisfaction from knowing the difference our work makes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Choose your own hours
- Monday to Friday
- Are you authorized to work in the United States AND are a US Citizen? (Will only hire US Citizens)
- Are you willing to relocate? Facility located in Chantilly, VA.
- Do you hold an Electrical Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university?
Work Location: In person