Mechanical Engineer - Relocation Assistance Provided!
DSC Dredge LLC is a company in MANUFACTURING in Reserve, LA. We are fun, fast-paced and collaborative.
Our work environment includes:
- On-the-job training
- Flexible working hours
- Growth opportunities
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Wellness programs
- Lively atmosphere
- Safe work environment
- Regular social events
- Company perks
- Casual work attire
- Food provided
Join our Team!
DSC Dredge, LLC is looking for a highly skilled Mechanical Engineer with a strong structural, fluid power, and mechanical background. World-class dredge manufacturing business with immediate full-time openings. Company offers competitive salary based on experience and unmatched benefit package, including health insurance, 401K w/match, and much more.
Job Summary :
DSC Dredge, LLC is an OEM that designs, builds, test, and commissions custom dredging equipment. This is a Mechanical/Structural Design Engineering position that will be responsible for designing and engineering. This position requires the ability to work with a team of engineers and drafters to develop, design, and specify components for dredges and other dredging equipment. This position will also be responsible for overseeing projects from the design phase to the commissioning phase.
- Exhibits strong multi-tasking skill-set to support simultaneous on-going Engineering and company projects.
- Supports assigned dredge project(s) in collaboration with a Senior Engineer.
- Designs and develops structural and mechanical components, equipment, and machinery.
- Creates and refines technical mechanical parts and assembly drawings to capture design intent and document the key aspects necessary to accomplish the manufacturing goals of a project.
- Creates and refines complex mechanical components including sourcing, volume models, key performance parameters, etc.
- Coordinates the electrical parts as typically used in the mechanical design models. This includes PCB’s, connectors, plugs, layout control models, import/export activities, coordination and management of interface details with the electrical engineering team.
- Develops communication documentation to help convey the key aspects of a design to a client or manufacturing partner.
- Creates and maintains of a Bill of Materials for assigned project(s).
- Creates, controls, and maintains release packages and design history files.
- Conducts and manages root cause analysis and resolution engineering issues, including any design changes required to existing equipment.
- Reviews design efforts from team to ensure that quality is being maintained.
- Provides technical guidance for designers and drafters as appropriate.
- Uses expertise to improve operational efficiencies and meet compliance requirements.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- PE preferred (not required).
- 5 or more years of experience.
- Some Project management experience.
- FEA and detailed design experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of centrifugal pumps, hydraulic systems, and structural design.
- Some electrical and I&C knowledge is required.
- Proven collaborator; able to leverage individual strengths to provide value to the entire team.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and Inventor (preferred).
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to successfully pass all pre-employment testing (drug test, physical) and a background check.
DSC Dredge, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This technologically driven company takes pride in being the world's leader in customized dredging solutions.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our team as safe as possible, DSC Dredge, LLC is currently following OSHA's ETS guidelines. All applicants will be required to wear a face covering when applying in person, going through the interview/testing process and when working on site.
- This position is located at 156 Airport Rd., Reserve, LA 70084. Are you able to commute to this location?
- Mechanical engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person