C & S Machine is seeking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer in our Niles Facility. C & S Machine is ITAR compliant and qualified applicants must be able to work on ITAR regulated work activities.
C & S manufacturers precision parts for the Aerospace, Medical & Defense Industries, and is expanding operations. Prior experience in Aerospace preferred. Additionally, some hands on CNC Machining and / or tooling is ideal.
This engineering role supports our new part / new machinery division, working with high volume / medium tolerance L-Swiss / Lathe machine produced parts. The ideal candidate will have a degree or equivalent experience in Engineering and have worked in a manufacturing facility doing processing of precision / intricate parts.
· Plans the manufacturing process sequence and prepares detailed operation sheets throughout the manufacturing cycle, from receipt of materials to parts shipment using specification sheets.
· Performs tolerance studies, and analysis to ensure that safety, quality, delivery and productivity goals are fulfilled. Conducts productivity improvement activities including equipment or fixture selection, design and deployment, and monitors and improves production cost and cycle time.
· Also required to identify and suggest process improvements, guide machine operators in their daily operations. Overall responsible for processing jobs through engineering and supports the manufacture of new parts through production.
· Complete New Part job processing to release to production projects.
· Creates custom tooling design, fixture design & travelers.
· Customer additional requirement updates / review before implementation (ie. MQI, ADCN, OPMPs) for New Products.
· Complete customer PPAP support/documentation/creation/submittal. PFMEA creation and monitoring.
· Performs maintenance of engineering equipment, when required. Participate on teams for integration of New Parts to first run processing of parts. Troubleshooting of ideas with shop floor for New Part transition to Operations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- What is your expected pay range?
- Please describe any relevant experience.
- If you were referred to this position, which employee referred you?
- Do you have any experience with Solid Works, Esprit or NX Software? If so, please desribe.
- CNC Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Aerospace: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person