Overview / Overview / Responsibilities
Our firm is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate must have a strong technical background in HVAC, plumbing, energy, and fire protection design, planning, and construction administration. The successful candidate will possess strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, and will have demonstrated abilities in engaging with clients, as well as providing support, mentoring, and project oversite of staff.
- Lead designs of HVAC and plumbing systems including preparation of calculations, construction drawings, specifications, and engineer’s cost estimates.
- Provide senior review and peer review of mechanical engineering designs.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff as they build their careers.
- Coordinate with other building design disciplines and work in a team environment.
- Support proposal preparation and business development, creating technical scopes of work and man-hour estimates.
Skills / Qualifications:
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Registered Professional Mechanical Engineer in the U.S.
- 10+ years of mechanical engineering consulting experience.
- Proven success in managing projects and project teams is essential.
- Solid leadership abilities along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Must have a Driver’s license, and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be willing and able to travel to project sites and meetings throughout the US, typically up to one week at a time.
- Must be eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship.
NEI is a multi-disciplinary, multi-million-dollar women owned small business with professional and technical personnel in the divisions of Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering and Consulting, Geotechnical Engineering, and Construction Management. NEI has a long history working with private and municipal clients within the desert southwest and has grown to service federal clients throughout the United States.
Our firm provides an excellent salary and benefits package. Applications, resumes, and references may be received in person at our main office and accepted via e-mail, attention: Eric Gardner.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Yuma, AZ 85364: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering Consulting: 10 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Yuma, AZ 85364