Position: Industrial Engineer
Reports to: Complex Manager
Department: Industrial Services
Position Purpose: Responsible for determining most effective ways to create a product or service. Develops ways to increase productivity, maximize efficiency, and manage human capital more effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or service.
* Help companies increase productivity.
* Optimize methods of business organization.
* Study product requirements and design manufacturing and information systems to meet requirements.
* Develop management control systems.
* Perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes.
* Assist in financial planning and cost analysis
* Perform the diagnosis of mechanical problems and determine how to correct them
* Employees must be able to adapt to a changing schedule, length of working hours, shift in break times, and tasks both consistently and continuously.
* Must effectively and efficiently work within teams and maintain accountability when working individually.
* Must be able to perform all tasks in a safe manner.
* Must be able to satisfy job/task time constraints.
* Customer Service Orientation - Satisfying customers.
* Adaptability - Willingness to deal with unexpected challenges or circumstances.
* Problem Solving - Defining problems and bring about viable solutions.
* Servicing the Customer- Readily initiates actions to meet or exceed the needs of the customer.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Must demonstrate at least a minimal level of knowledge and skills appropriate for the job.
* Ability to communicate and work well with others.
* Ability to safely work in a highly automated environment.
* AutoCAD experience is a plus
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
* Ability to interpret verbal and written instructions.
* Fluent use of English language/Reading/Writing/Speaking Required.
* Must be able to be licensed on equipment if applicable.
* Must be able to successfully pass all required safety related training courses, physicals, and maintain the ability to work in the position in a manner that reflects both safety specific mental and physical awareness and satisfactory performance.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the key actions of the job:
The employee is also required to talk and/or hear in an industrial setting (noise level is moderate to high). The employee is frequently required to stand and walk on concrete surface for 8+ hours. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Manufacturing facility
Work Location: In person