Electrical Engineer – Assaria, KS
Great Plains Manufacturing is seeking an Electrical Engineer to help shape precision farming products for domestic and international markets. If you are a self-starter that likes to be involved in multiple areas of responsibility, please continue reading.
The Great Plains Mfg Electrical Engineer has the opportunity to work in all areas of the product development cycle including definition, design, development, validation and maintenance of electrical and software components, equipment, and systems with this position focused for our agricultural equipment division.
This position works Monday through Thursday from 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in our Research and Development facility in Assaria, KS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform System Engineering activities such as system visualizations, options and optimizations, component selection and layout, system interfaces, boundary diagrams, and modular system design considerations.
Develop and write specification documents for electrical HW and SW systems for internal and external developers.
Develop and collaborate with project stakeholders on the overall User Experience of the product. Major UEX elements for consideration are SW Operator Interfaces (work screens, style guides, icons, graphics), Mobile Applications, and custom control panels.
Harness design for modular control systems on off road machines to include schematic layouts, circuit design, harness design, and harness interconnect drawings.
Development of rapid prototype control systems on the bench or in the field to test new technology and automation systems. Typical prototypes include system components such as sensors, motors/valves, ECUs and other processors, 3rd party control systems and interfaces, and custom SW programming.
Project Management of technology projects including project tracking and product costing for regular coordination with all project stakeholders.
Development of production software using agile SW development practices for iterative development and risk management to release new product features.
Develop and write test plans, test procedures, and test reports for electrical HW and SW systems. Test plans and testing also include the collaboration of multiple test resources for the Great Plains Validation team, product teams, and 3rd party vendors.
Release preparation and support for electrical control systems. Training of internal support personnel in R&D project teams, Technical Publications, Service, and Manufacturing.
Other duties may be assigned that require other qualifications, physical demands, and/or work environment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering degree.
· Experience in problem solving, software programming, and system design and testing.
· Results-oriented approach to all aspects of design project management, taking initiative as necessary and being accountable for all deliverables to all stakeholders.
· Timely communication that clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas to individuals and groups, that captures and compels the attention of the audience.
· Results oriented approach to all aspects of design project management, taking initiative as necessary and being accountable for all deliverables to all stakeholders.
· Ability to complete tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Familiarity with some of the following applications:
· Test Environment languages such as Labview, MATLAB, etc.
· Mobile Off-Road and/or Industrial Control System programming experience with PLCs, motor controllers, robots, machine vision, etc.
· User Experiences for custom electric mechanical control systems.
· Mobile Application development: Native and browser based.
· Programming languages such as C, Python, and Basic
· Development Environments such as Visual Studio or Arduino
· File and release management software such as PTC Windchill
At Great Plains Manufacturing, our people make the difference, making our Company a great place to work and grow. If you are self-motivated, have a passion to succeed and value teamwork, we invite you to apply to join our team. For over 45 years, Great Plains Manufacturing, Inc., has been known as a world-class manufacturer of farm and landscaping equipment in Central Kansas with over 2,100 dedicated employees. Now a Kubota company, Great Plains Manufacturing continues its dedication toward innovation and professional growth, while maintaining our family culture and community values. Grow with us! Visit our Careers page at www.WorkForGPM.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Assaria, KS 67416: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person