For Earth For Life
BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
Provides engineering support to develop attachments, implements and accessories for all assigned products to increase the sales of Kubota products.Performs tasks of test fitting, performance testing, test report writing completing the engineering release documentation, supports customer and dealer surveys and is an advocate for the voice of the customer (VOC). Mentors other engineers and contributes in cross functional teams.
This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws / regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
- Provides engineering project leadership and management for all projects related to assigned product families and can work independently when needed.
- Works with vendors to develop and release new implements, attachments, and accessories products to expand and enhance the Kubota brand.
- Develops and maintains technical information necessary to support new product releases such as, technical specifications, CAD drawings, whole good and part numbers, assembly instructions, fit-up and match test reports, cost, and product compatibility charts.
- Maintains database information and performs minor programing.
- Performs match testing on production orders to ensure newly developed products are supplied as indented and will meet the dealer’s and end user’s expectations
- Creates reports and documentation of project development activities.
- Develops a basic understanding of relevant standards and regulations used in our industry for all assigned products.
- Develops a fundamental understanding of top three competitive products for assigned products as well as relative advantages, and understands key market applications for these products.
- Experienced in product development in 2 or more product lines.
- Attends trade shows, industry compliance meetings and training sessions as needed, to expand product knowledge.
- Works to understand the root cause of service issues reported to Engineering. Provides necessary support to develop and implement solutions to resolve these technical issues.
- Assists with Sales and Dealer Meeting to set-up equipment, demonstrative new products to show advantages, and meeting teardown
- Manages memo inventory for all assigned products used to support department operations.
- Provides support for test development and instrumentation for performance, compatibility, durability, or other off-road mobile machinery testing.
- Provides support to other’s (including other departments) as needed to support business and developmental objectives including mentoring new engineers and contributing in cross-functional teams. Also leads special projects.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 3-6 years related experience required.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering. Ability to perform mathematical calculations at an engineering level to support assigned products.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and tradeoffs. With ability for independent product development.
- Contribute in cross functional teams.
- Lead special projects.
- Mentor new engineers.
- Experience in product development with 2 or more product lines.
- Ability to maintain, perform diagnostics, and repair on off-road mobile machinery.
- Basic understanding and experience with test instrumentation.
- Ability in database use and basic programing.
- Understanding and application of engineering and business processes. Leadership in process improvement.
- Understanding of product strengths and competitive advantages.
- Strong diagnostic, problem solving and documentation skills.
- Works effectively and professionally in a team environment.
- Basic ability to manage projects, budgets, and provide self-leadership when appropriate.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time, description, nature of service):
- 60%- Agricultural, construction, and other Kubota equipment including tractors, backhoes and utility vehicles and attachments. (Maintain, modify, repair, and/or assemble equipment)
- 25%- Computer, copier, fax, phone, printer – No service
- 15%- Travel to support projects and surveys (Gather voice of the customer VOC) details and to develop an industry understanding of present conditions and future changes)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification.This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification.This job is intended to include the current essential functions of the job.Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.
Kubota is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.