We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where the Chemistry Happens Our Coatings division employs 11,400 people operating in more than 70 sites worldwide. In 2021, the Coatings division achieved global sales of about €3.4 billion, serving a wide range of industries. We are a global expert in the development, production, and marketing of coatings and solutions, including:
- Innovative and sustainable automotive OEM and refinish coatings
- Decorative paints
- Applied surface treatments for metal, plastic, and glass substrates
- Advanced solutions for sustainability, performance, and digitalization
- New business solutions through our “Innovation Beyond Paint” program
We are looking for a professional like you to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for providing mechanical engineering expertise major expansions, debottlenecking of existing plants and infrastructure facilities, as well as serving as project manager for lump sum projects on the site. You will also be responsible for providing day to day support to the maintenance and operations departments to enhance safety, productivity, and reliability of the processes. Your participation in teams, internal committees and ad hoc assignments to represent the Mechanical discipline are key to success. This role is on site in our Greenville, Ohio facility of 140 associates. As a Plant Mechanical Engineer you create chemistry by…
- Supporting the execution of mid and large capital projects and continuous improvement efforts.
- Leading the execution of lump sum projects for the site from concept through startup.
- Assisting maintenance with troubleshooting of existing equipment, and specification of new equipment.
- Looking for ways to enhance the sustainability of the plant operations as well as opportunities to reduce production costs. Energy recovery projects around thermal oxidizers.
- Ensuring all plant personnel are fully compliant with OSHA and BASF plant-specific safety procedures.
- Evaluating existing HVAC systems and equipment, piping design and pump code expertise, design specifications and operational environments, and implement new HVAC equipment.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Your formula for success…
What We Offer You:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, will consider Industrial, Electrical or Chemical Engineering with relevant work expertise.
- This role does not have direct reports but does require previous project management experience.
- At least 8-10 years expertise in mechanical engineering, equipment repair, troubleshooting, etc.
- Acting as a subject matter expert and being a trusted role model.
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. [email protected]
is the suite of benefits, perks programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you - the whole you - in all stages of your life and career. In addition to rewarding and meaningful careers we offer: Distinctive career advancement, strong secure yet flexible retirement plans such as 401k, medical and dental health plans, short and long term disability coverage, paid life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, training opportunities and more. With [email protected]
you create your own chemistry. The total rewards you receives as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career. BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job. In accordance with applicable law; BASF is committed to pay transparency practices. The competitive pay range for this role is $113k-$142k. Actual pay will be determined on education, certifications, experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. What are you waiting for? Click Apply now to [email protected]!!
BASF takes security & data privacy very seriously. Will we never request personal or financial information of any kind via e-mail, private text message or direct message on any social media platform or job board. Furthermore, we will never offer a remote position and send a candidate a check for equipment or request any type of payment during the job application process. If you have experienced any of the above, please contact myhrATbasf.com to report fraud.