Electrical Engineer – Water Resources
Location: Springfield, IL
BUILD YOUR CAREER AT CMT!! Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Inc. (CMT), a consulting engineering firm, seeks to add a talented electrical engineer to our team located in Springfield, IL. For over 75 years, CMT engineers have planned and designed airport, transportation, sewer, drinking water, storm drainage, and property development projects. Our history is impressive, and our future is exciting.
CMT provides planning, environmental, design, and construction observation phase services on projects that range from simple to complex. As an electrical engineer in our Water Resources Group, your responsibilities may include working closely with project engineers and project managers on multi-discipline project teams providing electrical engineering design and technical expertise. Typical projects involve design of new or improvements to existing water treatment facilities, water booster pump stations, wastewater treatment facilities, wastewater pumping stations, and other water/wastewater infrastructure. Work tasks may include, but not be limited to, design, report writing, field investigations, cost estimating, periodic construction observation, attendance at client meetings, and some travel to project sites.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited university with coursework focused on power or control systems
- Strong technical skills to include experience with Microsoft Office products with some exposure to computer-aided drafting software, such as AutoCAD or Revit
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license with access to transportation
- Prior work experience in electrical engineering
- Technical design experience with project design related to power distribution and lighting using engineering design/drafting software
- Moderate to advanced AutoCAD or Revit capabilities
- Professional Engineer license in Missouri and/or Illinois
CMT is committed to individual opportunity and the professional development of our employees. This position offers an opportunity to take that next step helping reach your career goals and personal potential.
CMT is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. CMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. CMT does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law. #ZR
Job Type: Full-time