Sr. Production Engineer – Butler, PA
About Our Company:
Yıldırım Group is a vertically integrated industrial conglomerate, which operates in more than 9 different sectors of which mining and metallurgical operations are its flagship industry group. YILMADEN, the group’s mining subsidiary is involved in chrome mining operations in Turkey and Kazakhstan, owns ferrochrome production facilities in Russia, Sweden, Albania, and Turkey, and Chrome Chemical production in the U.S. Also, a Nickel subsidiary is involved in Nickel Mining operations and a ferronickel production facility in Kosovo. Bear Metallurgical Company (BMC) is a ferroalloy and metal production facility of Yılmaden in the U.S.
About the Opportunity:
Sr Production Engineer enables safe and reliable production at a low cost that meets or exceeds the production requirements. This role requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge of job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines to solve complex problems. The Production Engineer will also work closely with other individuals and teams to establish the production commitments, maintenance coordination, and conversion cost goals; within safe operating parameters and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the production team leveraging their problem-solving skills and technical expertise.
- Perform metallurgical calculations,
- Prepare and update technical procedures, engineering drawings, calculations, specifications, and equipment operation manuals as required.
- Develop and track quality sustainability and stability,
- Prepare and control production planning,
- Develop and optimize the production process,
- Develop operational efficiency,
- Perform cost reduction activities,
- Evaluate and track metallurgical projects,
- Produce weekly, monthly, and annual progress reports,
- Participate in internal ISO audits, development of applicable ISO procedures, and interface with external ISO auditors as necessary.
- Prepare technical written reports and presentations as required.
- Act as a fill-in for the Lab Technician when required.
- Prepare and submit applications for renewal or new permits; air, water, solid and hazardous wastes.
- Manage the submission of reports, as required, to operations, management, and state and federal agencies; ensure timeliness in all required reporting.
- Prepare and monitor waste minimization and reduction plans.
- Responsible for environmental compliance for plants and the conduct of audits by regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for compliance with permit limits for air and water.
- Hands-on lab and plant-level experience in monitoring, troubleshooting, and processing product quality.
- Knowledge and skills in quality-related methods & techniques, principles of quality management, and statistical process control.
- Owns day-to-day production troubleshooting and leads a cross-functional team to address production issues
Knowledge / Experience / Skills Required
- BS in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or Materials Science. A master’s degree is an asset.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in production and five (5) years of quality programs
- Manufacturing experience preferred; in the metallurgical Industry. Preferably having experience in ferroalloys and/or chrome metal production via Aluminothermic methods.
- Certifications in Six Sigma (Green Belt, Lean) Preferred.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills are required.
- Capacity to work with limited supervision and support in a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment.
- Apply principles and practical methodologies of metallurgical project evaluation and use these principles and methods to the derivation of the project variables required for essential decision making, must demonstrate the ability to teach/train staff members at all levels.
Compensation and Benefits:
· Competitive Base Salary and Bonus and Excellent Benefits including:
Bear Metallurgical Company is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $86,887.61 - $92,891.66 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing facility
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Butler, PA 16002: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person