Dewberry is currently seeking an Electrical/Technology Project Engineer to support the Technology group within our Engineering Design Center located in Peoria, IL. Our growing, fast-paced, multi-disciplined engineering department seeks a client focused, highly motivated, organized, and outgoing engineer looking to expand his/her design and technical skills. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals.
The Security/Technology Group is a specialized group of individuals responsible for security electronics, network design, telecommunications and audio/visual designs for a variety of project types including Federal, Justice/Public Safety, K-12, Higher Education, Healthcare and Commercial. This position offers tremendous potential for professional growth in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Conduct site visits and field inspections of low voltage systems.
Lead low-voltage technology design for variety of project types
Production of drawings and specifications for the low voltage disciplines including security electronics and telecommunications
Construction administration, i.e., review of shop drawings, responding to RFIs and working with contractors to see that systems are implemented in compliance with contract documents.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related technology field is required.
Licensed Professional Engineer (Electrical) is preferred.
- Candidates should have 5-10 years of experience designing integrated security, communications and other low-voltage systems for the markets listed above.
Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
Ability to coordinate the work of multiple disciplines.
Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, Autodesk CAD and Revit platforms.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for our employees. So if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
- Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.