Summary: The Principal Electrical Engineer & Hardware Engineer is a low-power circuit designer position that will develop miniature circuits for implantable neurotech medical devices with mixed-signal analog sensing, stimulation, wireless power, and Bluetooth communication. Candidates should be able to perform independent circuit design, analysis, and component selection for mixed-signal board designs. Candidates should have extensive circuit design, board bring-up, analog characterization, and debug experience for medical device electronics.
Micro-Leads is an early stage neurotechnology company developing a precision nerve stimulation therapy to restore health and quality of life to those suffering from chronic pain.
Location: Somerville, MA
- Design system electronics including printed circuit board design, low-noise amplifier circuits, DAC stimulation pulse circuits and wireless charging circuits.
- Creation of ultra low-power electronics circuit designs.
- Develop low-energy sensing circuits, characterize sensing performance, and measurements of sensing in response to stimulation.
- Design of system near-field wireless charging.
- Oversee portfolio of low-power custom ASICs and third-party design house.
- Extensive experience with Altium or other schematic capture and layout tools.
- Experience with implantable device electronics is desirable.
- Ability to manage medical device design controls, develop and define requirements, & testing protocols is desirable.
Requirements for the Principal Electrical Engineer
- 10 years of work experience in analog circuit board design
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering (or BS with equivalent experience)
- Ability to develop mixed-signal circuit boards
- Familiar with PCB manufacturing and standards
- Desired computer skills: Altium
- Desired programming skills: Python, MATLAB
Full Benefits Package
- Health, Dental
- Floating Holidays
- Stock Options
- Public transportation via MBTA Red-Line
Please submit your COVER LETTER and RESUME
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
We have instituted COVID protocols and procedures which have successfully kept our employees safe throughout the pandemic.
Work Location: In person