SDI is hiring for a variety of positions for several levels of experience. The needed positions are for both Registered and Unregistered Civil Engineering Professionals with experience in:
- Residential Land Development
- Commercial Land Development
- Heavy Utilities (Water, Sanitary Force Main, Sanitary Gravity)
Positions are open for both experienced Project Management as well as production-based Engineers. Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3D is required. The candidate will be responsible for a range of items commiserate with the individual's experience. Pay is commiserate with experience.
- Direct, relevant work experience
- BS in Engineering
- Possess a sound knowledge of all elements of plan development
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Capacity to solve technical problems with innovative and economical solutions
- Highly motivated, independently productive, and willing to take on new challenges
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure
- Direct experience in the Stafford/Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania area
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency in current release of AutoCAD Civil3D
- Participation in professional societies and extracurricular activities
Sullivan, Donahoe, & Ingalls (SDI) is the oldest and most respected Surveying and Civil Engineering firm in the Fredericksburg, Virginia region. Operating for over 56 years, the practicing partnership of SDI maintains a nimble, technologically advanced firm in a family-friendly, yet professionally challenging, work environment.
The multi-disciplinary approach within the SDI organization allows for professional growth through mentorship, camaraderie, and exposure to all aspects of plan and project development. The projects at SDI range from individual lot grading plans, to 100+ acre residential developments, to commercial developments, to municipal improvements both large and small. The SDI client base spans many different developer types, both private and municipal, providing a multi-faceted and well-balanced portfolio which enhances company stability and opportunity.
SDI’s leadership actively participates in every facet of the day-to-day operation of the company, including plan production and project management, allowing a horizontal corporate structure. SDI offers competitive salaries, exceptional benefits packages, and incomparable professional support.
Applicants must be legally authorized for work within the United States without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or other work visa petitions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- AutoCAD Civil 3D: 4 years (Preferred)
- Engineer In Training (Preferred)
- PE License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person