Field Service Engineer Job Description
At Kiepe Electric LLC, part of the Knorr Bremse family, we manufacture and service electrical components and related products for the transportation industry and other industrial applications. Products include traction inverters and auxiliary power supply units, cable harnesses and brake resistors as well as complete electric trolley/battery buses.
Our Field Service Engineer will ensure that all aspects of the project are properly installed, tested, maintained, and repaired. They will perform troubleshooting tasks, monitor progress, perform tests, and conduct audits.
Create technical reports and training documents and train customer’s employees on how to use and troubleshoot Kiepe products. Be open to travel to customer sites: 50% - 70% travel
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshooting, installation, maintenance, and repair of components.
- Performing tests to determine root cause of failures.
- Completing preventative maintenance and field modifications.
- Analyze technical issues and propose remedies.
- Examine defects and remove them if necessary.
- Maintain proper and regular communication with clients to ensure all issues are properly addressed.
- Preparation and implementation of customer trainings
- In case of warranty, clarify the causes, determine the scope of repair and present a recommendation for a decision.
- Create commissioning and service documentations.
- Guiding and instruction of employees, monitoring workmanship. Check work results.
- Ensure compliance of safety regulations.
- Keeping up to date administrative records.
We expect that a successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical
Engineering with minimum three (3) years engineering or commissioning experience is required.
- Must possess good English language communication, verbal and written.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and work well in a team setting as well as independently.
- Must be able to cooperate and coordinate with customers.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to function with minimal supervision.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Must have analytical skills with the ability to communicate technical issues in an easy-to-understand manner.
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance
401K program with up to a 4% match. Benefits begin the first of the month following date of hire.
Check out more company info at www.kiepe.knorr-bremse.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dayton, OH 45402: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Programmable logic controllers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 3 years (Preferred)
- Electrical Engineering: 2 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person