Company Overview: MPI is an employee-owned world-class manufacturer providing injection molding, insert molding, assembly and other value-added services to many industries including automotive, agricultural, construction and commercial appliance. At MPI, you will find a friendly and open work environment where employees are given opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. Your bright future starts right here!
Benefits: MPI offers a very competitive benefit package, including the following:
- 401(k) with company match – 100% match on first 3%, 50% match on next 2%!
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance – Company pays roughly 70% of the medical/dental premium!
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Gym and Tuition Reimbursement
- Profit Sharing in both a monthly share and a specific amount for individual performance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – Work here and become an owner!
The Automation Engineer is responsible for owning and leading engineering deliverables in the development of both awarded and prospective new business that enables future profitable growth in new product development at Microplastics. Maintains a standard for high quality and sustainable performance for all projects. Ensures that work is performed in accordance with specifications, completed in a timely manner, and that costs are contained within budget.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Automation Engineer does the following:
- Works with a cross-functional team and communicates with various departments within the company including product design, tooling, manufacturing, sales, quality, or any other areas as needed to execute design projects.
- Assists in design and development of new automated systems on a per program basis with guidance and input from Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Assists engineering with all related functions including drawing, simulation software and model development, part design, mold design, secondary or auxiliary tooling, automation, dies, and fixtures necessary for the entire program.
- Aids in research new suppliers and technologies necessary to ensure or improve the competitiveness of Microplastics quotations.
- Responsible for accurate, thorough, and timely tool drawings, drawing control for records, file keeping, ECO's, and daily time sheets.
- Determine project objectives by studying engineering blueprints and/or models, reviewing specifications and requirements along with others in engineering and/or sales department.
- Works closely in conjunction with Sales and Materials department for gathering and obtaining information necessary for processing quotations. Analyzes supplier quotations, provides cost data for the purposes of evaluating the impact of designs as it relates to competitive quotations.
- Serve as a technical liaison between customers and Microplastics, Inc. in a manner that creates positive relationships internal and external to the business. Responsible for planning, administering and completing assigned projects. Oversees general project plan adherence until its final release.
- Responsible for maintaining prescribed project budgets and timelines. Enhances current and future processes and equipment performance by recommending and incorporating modifications and improvements through software, electrical and mechanical means.
- Builds equipment by devising, fabricating and assembling components and parts. Participates in new product launches with a focus on design for manufacturability.
- Supports tooling and manufacturing in the debug process in conjunction with new tooling programs.
- Serves in a support role for Project Management duties as necessary.
Educational Requirements and Years of Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred. Associates Degree in Engineering or similar and 1-3 years experience in similar role in lieu of Engineering Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficient in Solidworks and/or CAD software, 2+ years’ minimum experience, certification preferred. Able to create, modify, transfer/translate 3D models as it applies.
- Knowledge and experience working with quality system requirements such as IATF 16949 and ISO 9001 preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- CAD: 4 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 4 years (Preferred)
- Automation Design: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person