Guardian Agriculture Inc is in search of a candidate to fill an open role of Jr. Electrical Engineer. In this role, the candidate will assist in the development of unmanned and automated agricultural equipment and support systems. These systems will be deployed across the US in support of increasing crop productivity and yield through the efficient application of various agricultural chemicals on crops. As this company is forging a new branch of an enormous industry, the candidate will have a significant impact on the future of agriculture through critical thinking and personal initiative. A candidate with a strong drive to have a meaningful and positive impact in the world will benefit from this role.
Role and Responsibilities:
As an Electrical Engineer, the candidate will have a direct impact on the reliability and success of these robotic systems in a fast paced, challenging, yet supportive environment. This role requires the candidate to be an experienced self-starter. The candidate will report to an engineering manager.
- Circuit schematic, PCB design, and cable drawings
- Interfacing with external manufacturers for production of Class 2-3 boards
- Analyzing stock risk for PCBs in-design
- Testing, debugging and repairing PCBs
- Support system-level electronics development
- Maintain CAD libraries in an orderly manner
- Assist in debugging and failure mode analysis as needed
- Perform safety and reliability testing of existing designs
- Create tools to assist in effective testing activities
- Support and guide technician teams on various projects
- Assist in supporting the technical build team and engineering team by facilitating documentation, feedback, and redline interconnect drawings for wiring and cabling
- B.S, M.S, or equivalent degree in Electrical, Computer, or Electronics Engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- 0-3 years experience in a full time engineering role or equivalent internship.
- Able to commute daily to Woburn, MA as this is an in-person role.
- Familiarity with power electronics theory and design
- Familiarity with embedded hardware and systems for robotics development
- Familiarity with sensor development and integration
- Familiarity with communication protocols and topologies, including I2C, SPI, CAN
- Experience with ECAD software such as EAGLE or KiCAD
Flexible time off, competitive salary, stock options, subsidized company lunch every day, comprehensive benefits package, access to a fully equipped shop, and the opportunity to research and develop flying machines that will have an environmental impact.
Guardian Agriculture provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.