Hanley, Flight and Zimmerman, LLC (HFZ), a patent prosecution law firm located in downtown Chicago, is seeking engineers with industry experience to train to be patent engineers. As a patent engineer at HFZ, you will use your engineering skills to protect a wide range of cutting-edge technologies for some of the most innovative companies in the world. Our patent engineers start at $95K plus per year in addition to other benefits; with rapid career advancement and pay escalation opportunities from there. Typical progress with HFZ results in a salary of $185,000 4 to 5 years after starting your career with us.
- Please provide a cover letter, resume, and any/all of your engineering transcripts.
- Bill O’Connor Recruitment Manager
- Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, LLC is committed to diversity as a core value of the firm. We continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. A diverse and inclusive workforce enriches our work experience and enhances the value of our legal services. HFZ is an Equal Opportunity/ M/F/Vet/Disabled Employer.
Candidates are required to have:
- at least two years engineering-related work experience,
the desire to become a patent attorney,
* COMPUTER, BIOMEDICAL and MECHANICAL*
- engineering undergraduate degree or*
* COMPUTER SCIENCE*
- excellent academic credentials, and
- strong analytical and writing skills.
- candidates with an official LSAT score - a real plus
- candidates with a Patent Office Registration Number - a real plus
· Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance available.
· 401K plan.
· Remote work available.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person