Executive Personnel Group has a direct hire opportunity for a Senior Hardware Design Engineer located in Youngsville, NC.
This position is responsible for designing innovative solutions and making further improvements to existing products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Comprehensive design of power distribution products from ideation to launch including power and alarm schematics, PCB layouts, wire assemblies, and mechanical design.
· Responsible for the full life cycle of products including design, qualification with independent third parties, and DFMA implementation and improvement.
· Create and maintain design documentation including bills of material (BOM), routings, Altium design packages, Autodesk Inventor files, and installation instructions.
· Research problems to understand the root causes and then offer design recommendations for new and existing product lines.
· Continually adapt solutions from various disciplines to solve problems.
· Assist with independent third-party testing of products by understanding the applicable standards, developing specification packages, monitoring the testing of the products, and providing any technical support required.
· Review drawings, plans, specifications, and other customer documentation as requested.
· Work with the rest of the team to review engineering designchanges and recommend modifications to minimize cost and ease of performance.
· Follow and refine established filing guidelines for engineering documentation to facilitate accurate revision control and communication.
· Communicate design updates and improvements to the rest of the team in a clear and comprehensive way.
· Investigate and troubleshoot design problems.
· Work with customers to answer any technical issues they are experiencing with the products.
· Other duties as required relating to engineering change requests (ECR) and process improvement.
· BSEE in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 2+ years electrical design experience.
· Familiarity with, or prior experience creating, dimensioned orthographic perspective drawings and embedded system programming.
· Experience with Autodesk Inventor Professional, Autodesk Vault, and/or Altium Circuit Designer.
· Ability to diagnose electrical circuit issues and faults and recommend solutions.
· EMC diagnosis and troubleshooting a plus.
· Ability to communicate technical specifications and standards to outside organizations a plus.
· Strong knowledge of circuit operation, and ability to quickly learn advanced circuit theory concepts a plus.
· Experience working with advanced instrumentation like oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and logic probes a plus.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or touch, and hear. The employee is regularly required to reach above shoulders, stoop, kneel or crouch, climb or balance, smell, use feet to operate a machine. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
If interested please submit resume and call Chris at 919-358-0104 to schedule an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $82,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Youngsville, NC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person