Water Resource Engineering Position
IRZ Consulting & Engineering is a global leader in irrigation engineering and water conservation technologies. Since 1984, IRZ Consulting & Engineering has been at the forefront of over 2000 large-scale irrigation/water system design and irrigation water management in USA and Globally.
IRZ Consulting is excited to find a new Water Resource/Irrigation Engineer to join a very friendly and collaborative team of design engineers in Hermiston Oregon, or Tri-Cities Washington, USA.
90% of all water utilized in the USA is used for irrigation purposes. Large-scale irrigation design is fun, technical, and challenging. Your engineering design skills will matter as you are helping feed people, eliminate food insecurity and hunger around the world.
As part of the engineering team, the candidate will provide world class irrigation engineering to clients by designing large-scale irrigation system. Our irrigation systems are often designed for 10,000 to 100,000 gpm, pipeline from 20" to 100" and pumping station from 5,000 to 20,000+ Horsepower. The candidate will have opportunity to work with producers on the leading edge of the industry, developing and retrofitting agricultural irrigation delivery systems.
This position is a full-time position based at the IRZ headquarter in Hermiston, Oregon. Competitive salary and benefits based on experience.
Preferred Qualifications :
· Bachelor or MS Degree in Irrigation, Civil or Mechanical Engineering (with emphasis in water resource engineering).
· Preferable at least 3-5 years of water resources engineering design, and related experience. We also have positions for new graduates.
. In depth working knowledge of pipeline networks and pumping stations design. Design of valving, canals and on farm irrigation systems is a plus.
· Experience sizing and designing pipelines (PVC, Steel and FRP).
· Working knowledge of electrical systems including motor controls centers, VFD’s and control systems.
· Ability to obtain professional engineer registration in Oregon/Washington. Licensure in other western states is a plus.
· Advanced oral and written communication skills.
· Competent in AutoCAD Civil 3D. Ability to learn WaterCAD, and Revit is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Team-oriented is a must, where your leadership and inputs are valued and encouraged. Teamwork and Customer Service is the keystone of our 40 years of success.
· Ability to work on multiple projects for multiple clients with complex technical and customer needs. We encourage sharing and learning new skills from other engineers.
· You will have a chance to meet with and maintain many great client relationships.
· Responsible for overseeing the sizing of equipment like pumps, motors, piping manifolds and piping distribution systems and center pivot irrigation system (we will teach also).
· Responsible for designing and evaluating hydraulic systems. Experience with modeling piping networks should range from spreadsheet calculations through software evaluations in WaterCAD, Bentley HAMMER or similar (is a plus).
· Prepares and assembles drawing packages in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Revit (is a plus).
We understand that there is no perfect match of engineering skills with what we are looking for. If you like to be involved in engineering design that actually gets build and have a good understanding of design of pumps and pipeline, we are then 80% there. The rest we can train. Interested individuals can apply by sending resumes to:
Fred Ziari, CEO
Email: fred.ziari @irz.com
Questions? call Fred at any time (Pacific Time):
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
N/A at this time
Work Location: In person