Responsible for the development/refining of production manufacturing methods and for providing technical support and assistance to Production. The manufacturing engineer participates in product development from initial engineering through the completion of the final product. Oversees continuous improvement projects that will result in reliable and cost-effective production methods, adherence to vendor specifications, improved machine capacity, and more efficient equipment in order for AAP’s products to meet its internal cost targets and the customer’s requirements.
- Provide functional leadership for manufacturing engineering activities; including tool design and build, assembly fixture design and build, and CNC job set-up related processes.
- Provide leadership for ongoing continuous improvement activities to include variance reduction, scrap reduction, and throughput improvements.
- Provide input to and participate in the Process Planning and creation of product routing. Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Participate in the analysis and planning of workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workstations for optimal throughput and efficiency.
- Plan and manage work transfers and new work introduction on time and within budget.
- Provide team leadership for projects including developing and setting team roles, goals and objectives in keeping with project scope.
- Work across all necessary functional departments to establish countermeasures as needed to enable the delivery of quality products on time.
- Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and quality standards.
- Check job specifications, blueprints, engineering requirements.
- Inspect parts.
- Interface with CNC Programming and with quality personnel. Assist in determination of root cause of persistent problems. Answer any production questions regarding engineering, designs, work instructions, and tooling requirements.
Mandatory Job Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering Field or equivalent experience
- 5 plus years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Academic and practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and principles.
- Thorough knowledge in the use of CAD/Solid Modeling software such as CATIA or Solidworks.
- Ability to create, analyze and modify CAD/CAM programs in Siemens NX, MasterCam or Catia
- Previously established record of achievement in manufacturing and problem solving with production teams.
- PMP, PMI or other project management certification a plus.
- Knowledge of configuration and change management processes
- Team leadership (cross-functional/kaizen)
- Thorough knowledge of ERP systems
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of aerospace configuration management system
- Knowledge of ISO based Quality Systems
- Computer skills in MS Office suite (intermediate level - use of functions/add-ins/macros)
- Experience in product and process failure analysis and an understanding of world class manufacturing techniques such as lean manufacturing, JIT, SPC, TQM, etc.
- Prefer thorough knowledge of machinery and methods using CNC Machining Equipment, Deburring, Riveting, Swaging, Assembly, etc...
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this or similar positions and additional duties may be assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person