The Structural Forensic Engineer will branch out from typical design work and investigate to determine the cause of failures related to building structures.
- Perform hands-on failure analysis assignments in the field
- Document facts and report finalization of findings
- Apply theories and knowledge to real-world situations
- Complete assignments on time as requested by the client
- Conduct ethical practices
Essential Skills for Performing the Job
- Written and verbal communication
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering
- Masters in Civil Engineering preferred
- Professional structural engineer experience
- 10 or more years of engineering design experience
- 5 years supervisory or project management experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer (required)
- Licensed Structural Engineer preferred
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing, and demonstrated safe driving habits
- This position requires the successful passing of a background check
Position Type/Expected Hours
This is a full-time position. Some flexibility in hours is permitted, but s/he must be available during the standard work hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
This position is a combination of fieldwork, travel-related work, and sedentary work. An employee is regularly required to drive, stand, sit, walk, reach, type, talk, hear, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, push, pull, carry, and lift up to 50 pounds. An employee may also be required to traverse wooded and/or uneven terrain, enter structures, use ladders, walk on roofs, enter small spaces, and work in various weather conditions.
Regular travel will be required as a part of the Structural Forensic Engineer job. Some overnight travel may be required.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Eligible candidates will be legally authorized to work in the United States without employment visa sponsorship.
Nederveld Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
- Civil engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road