***THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN BEAUTIFUL WINCHESTER KENTUCKY, JUST OUTSIDE OF LEXINGTON***
Job Description: Mechanical Engineer
M&S Machining is seeking candidates who have mechanical engineering experience. Individuals applying for this position will provide overall project engineering leadership on specific projects and is responsible for developing and presenting engineering solutions to meet client and company requirements and leading the team in implementing the solution.
- Leading teams focused on developing technical solutions to complex engineering problems, ranging in scale from large subassemblies to entire deliverable products.
- Manages task execution to ensure on-time and on-target completion.
- Make detailed plans to accomplish goals.
- Oversee the research and development of new products and procedures.
- Identify, Develop and Implement manufacturing process control as needed.
- Influence and translate engineering design requirements into manufacturing processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related Engineering degree… experience can be used in lieu of education.
- Experience with interpretation of technical documentation, strong print reading abilities, GD&T, etc...
- Strong ability to write technical documents such as W.P.S. , P.Q.R.’s, technical clarifications, analysis, etc.
- Proficiency with Solidworks or similar CAD software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead collaboration with other functional areas to facilitate various aspects of manufacturing process, integration, and support, including procurement, prototyping, production, or logistics.
- Significant experience with machining, sheet metal, certified welding, complex assembly experience, metrology.
- Experience with Capital Expenditure Projects, Line Builds, New Equipment Installations.
- Preferred 2-3 years of experience in mechanical engineering.
- 5 years of Aerospace or DOD (Department of Defense) experience.
With over 20 years’ experience serving the Military and Defense industry, M&S Machining is a family owned, cutting edge manufacturing company. M&S is located in a 40,000 square foot, climate-controlled facility in Winchester, Kentucky. Conveniently located minutes from I-64 and I-75, and right off US route 60, M&S is strategically positioned to allow for easy commutes for our employees.
M&S Machining is seeking dedicated and motivated individuals that have significant interest for advancement in their careers. Individuals must enjoy a challenge, have a relentless desire to learn, and further desire to develop their knowledge. M&S Machining offers driven people an exciting and challenging work environment in the Military and Defense industry. To learn more please visit our website at kyaero.com
Job Type: Full Time
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Comprehensive benefit package:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Matching IRA.
- Paid vacation.
- Paid Holidays
- No travel Required
- Relocation Assistance may be offered
Location: On Site: 100 Hud Rd. Winchester, KY 40391
Compensation: commensurate with experience.
Work Remotely: No
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winchester, KY 40391: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
Work Location: In person