Product Support Engineers are responsible for providing customers with application-specific solutions through knowledge of technical concepts, industry trends, and Edmund Optics’ product capabilities. These engineers act as part of a team to grow business by assisting customers in a variety of industries (e.g. manufacturing, semiconductor, defense, biomedical, university, etc.) with their technical requirements.
- Assist customers promptly and professionally via phone, chat, and email.
- Understand customers’ needs and make appropriate recommendations based on their application.
- Field custom optics requests and vet based on Edmund Optics’ manufacturing capabilities.
- Provide pre-sales support in the form of quotes, pricing, and availability.
- Provide post-sales support in the form of troubleshooting and RMA creation.
- Log and track customer interactions using Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Communicate customer requests and industry trends to other departments to help Edmund Optics to better service the market.
- Collaborate with other departments within Edmund Optics to acquire new skills and knowledge.
- Represent the company at trade shows, technical conferences, and off-site trainings.
- Report to work station and be ready to work at scheduled time.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions provided that such accommodations do not impose an undue hardship on EO. Any employee who believes they require reasonable accommodations should notify EO’s Human Resources Department.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge and technical aptitude in optics or a related field
- Basic customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Professional demeanor
- Proficient in active listening and effective communication
- Capable of critical thinking, deductive reasoning, and problem solving
- Ability to review, edit, and draft technical documents such as spec sheets, application notes, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Capable of multi-tasking and tolerating a high level of stress
- Capable of keeping track of numerous ongoing customer conversations
- Requires minimal supervision and direction
- Preferred: US citizenship or permanent residency (green card)
Minimum: Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field. Two to four years of work experience in a technical sales position.
Ability to sit at desk or PC for long periods of time; work in office setting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Think you meet some of the requirements but not all? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs for which they do not meet every qualification. If you see a role that interests you, we encourage you to apply, regardless of whether or not your experience is completely aligned with the job description. Edmund Optics is committed to becoming the most diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace within the Optics and Photonics Industry and beyond. You may be a great candidate for this role or others within Edmund Optics.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $53,375.63 - $64,280.33 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tucson, AZ 85756: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Tucson, AZ 85756