EPR, P.C. is seeking a full time traffic / transportation engineer to join our growing practice. The position will work in our downtown Charlottesville, Virginia office, though depending on qualifications remote work from other Virginia locations could be possible. For the right candidate, EPR could be interested in opening an office in a new geographic market in Virginia or other states.
The ideal EPR employee has an interest in planning and designing multimodal transportation improvements that enhance the livability of Cities, Counties, and Regions. A core characteristic of an EPR employee is a desire to learn, innovate, and deliver excellent work products to our diverse and growing base of clients.
Key skills and passions that we are seeking for this position include:
- Strong understanding of traffic flow theory
- Experience with designing traffic control devices
- Strong familiarity with MUTCD, AASHTO, NACTO, and VDOT design standards
- Very strong writing (plans and technical documents) and communication skills
- Experience utilizing state of the practice transportation analysis software platforms
- Desire to work on and, if desired, lead a wide range or project types and excel into project and client management as a result of your initiative and motivation to grow.
EPR will invest in training. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant experience that could include some combination of the following:
- Traffic analysis using Synchro, Sidra, Vissim, HCS
- Experience in the design and/or timing of traffic signals and design of signing and marking, and roadway lighting.
- Multimodal planning and design
- Working knowledge of Adobe suite (InDesign/Illustrator) and GIS
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Experience working on VDOT, or other state DOT Projects
Education Requirement: Civil Engineering BSCE or MSCE
Benefits: EPR offers generous PTO (paid time off), medical benefits, continuing education, professional development opportunities, a flexible work environment, and we encourage cross training in a collaborative family friendly environment.
About Charlottesville: This position is in Charlottesville, Virginia, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains in central Virginia. Charlottesville has consistently been rated as one of the best places to live in the nation, with a world class university, cultural outlets, a young and highly educated workforce and a strong entrepreneurial ecosystem. The surrounding area offers stunning beauty, extraordinary sights, events and an inexhaustible list of things to do. There are also world class restaurants; wineries, breweries, distilleries, musical entertainment venues, historical sites, and outdoor adventures in the Blue Ridge Mountains and nearby waters.
Our school systems, nationally ranked in the top 3% in the State, offer excellent educational opportunities and innovative learning environments. And of course, the University of Virginia, with one of the top medical, law, and business schools nationally, is a major resource for both residents and businesses in the region.
If you are interested in joining our innovative, dynamic, and growing firm, please send a letter of interest and resume to Bill Wuensch at [email protected].