Overview / Responsibilities:
Our firm is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our team.
Lead an electrical design team through all phases of design: feasibility & concept development, preliminary design, detailed design, and construction documentation. Develop Electrical design documents for a wide range of facilities, including:
- Incoming electrical services and coordination with local power companies Main and MCC single-line diagrams and associated distribution systems
- Emergency and backup power distribution systems (Generators, UPS, etc.)
- Electrical panel layouts and wiring diagrams
- Power and lighting plans, calculations, and schedules
- Electrical load studies and motor and electrical load lists
- Electrical equipment layouts
- Elementary diagrams and wiring diagrams
- Grounding and lightning protection plans and details
- Telecommunications plans
- Fire alarm plans
- Security and door interlock plans and details
- Understanding of global and national building and applicable electrical codes
- Understanding and experience with NFPA
- Understanding of room and area classifications as related to cGMP requirements
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the project team.
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines in 2-D and 3-D environments for cable tray routing, lighting fixture layouts, panel locations, and power to end users.
- Prepare specifications for electrical equipment.
- Writing scopes and preparing estimates for conceptual, basic engineering, and detailed design phases of a project.
- Prepare electrical design criteria and basis of design documents.
- Perform field surveys and evaluate the condition of existing equipment and systems.
- Review submittals and shop drawings.
- Assist in control system philosophy and control system architecture development in coordination with client, building (HVAC), and process requirements.
- Assist in the generation and maintenance of Instrument Index and Input/Output (I/O) lists based on the review of P&IDs.
- Response to construction Requests for Information (RFIs), and develop final construction documents including:
- plans, specifications, schedules, and details.
- Help to establish a culture of technical excellence through role modeling and communicating expectations
- Establish effective working relations with colleagues, clients, and officials.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering.
- Registered Professional Electrical Engineering in the U.S.
- 10+ years electrical engineering consulting experience.
- Proven success in managing projects and project teams is essential.
- Solid leadership abilities along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Must have a Driver’s license, and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be willing and able to travel to project sites and meetings throughout the US, typically up to one week at a time.
- Must be eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship.
NEI is a multi-disciplinary, multi-million-dollar women owned small business with professional and technical personnel in the divisions of Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering and Consulting, Geotechnical Engineering, and Construction Management. NEI has a long history working with private and municipal clients within the desert southwest and has grown to service federal clients throughout the United States.
Our firm provides an excellent salary and benefits package. Applications, resumes, and references may be received in person at our main office and accepted via e-mail, attention: Eric Gardner.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Yuma, AZ 85364: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Electrical Engineering Consulting: 10 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Yuma, AZ 85364