Job Title: Electrical Drafter
Reports To: Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Come join our Team as an Electrical Drafter! We started with pastries handmade by Lois and Lloyd Martin produced inside of a garage and we have boomed into a multi-facility company where our many products are produced by machines and shipped domestically and internationally. Talk about a rich history and exciting future! As an employer of choice we offer physical, emotional, financial and professional benefits including 401K, disability insurance and paid holidays.
Summary: The Electrical Drafter will provide support to the Engineering Department through mastery of Computer Aided Design tools, knowledge and experience with electrical design of parts and assemblies, and knowledge and experience of thorough drawing creation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures accurate completion of assigned CAD and engineering related tasks.
- Creates robust and accurate parametric models and drawings.
- Develops drawings and specifications to include network communication block diagrams, control panel details, wiring termination diagrams, instrument location plans and instrument installation details.
- Directing control systems testing, equipment commissioning, field testing and system acceptance including operational readiness testing.
- Checks engineering content on prints. Verifies tolerances, fits, and CTQ dimensions.
- Recommends corrections and improvements to other engineers.
- Works closely with other Drafters & Engineers to ensure a coordinated design.
- Proposes alternate solutions to engineering problems.
- Works with other engineers to develop, optimize, and implement sound engineering solutions to ensure desired project performance.
- Demonstrates CAD leadership by identifying, using, and sharing better ways to model and document parts and assemblies.
- Works with suppliers and fabrication shop to develop electrical equipment order specifications and accuracy.
- Sets aggressive schedules and meets or exceeds them.
- Supports project milestone objectives for: prototype and concept reviews, design freeze and engineering approval drawings, R&D and pre-production testing, release to production.
- Supporting multi-disciplinary teams on engineering projects, with a demonstrated commitment to successful project delivery.
- Develops or identifies tools and best practices that improve department functionality.
- Equipment/part selection, cost estimating, equipment layout and coordination with other engineering disciplines.
- Adheres to and enforces safety, food safety, quality, and Good Manufacturing Practices regulations.
- Reports food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Ensures that contract and internal labor are working at peak efficiency, are adequately supplied with needed resources, and are in compliance with safety, quality and food safety guidelines.
- Prepare design drawings control panel info, BOM (Bill of Materials), and schematics.
- Other tasks as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or other similar degree;
- Proficiency with electrical drafting programs such as AutoCAD is required
- One or more years’ related experience;
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Demonstrates abilities in the following areas; applies mathematical concepts such as arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, and statistics; applies knowledge of prediction of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understanding fluid, material, and mechanical or electrical processes.
Demonstrates abilities in the following areas; uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusion or approaches to problems; application of general rules to specific problems to produce sensible answers to questions posed; interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; combines pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions; arranges things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- AutoDesk CAD products, including AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Project management software.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic thinking, resource allocation, leadership techniques, human resource modeling, and production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer