At POET, it is our mission to be good stewards of the Earth by converting renewable resources to energy and other valuable goods as effectively as humanly possible. For over thirty years our drive and passion to change the world has enabled us to become the largest producer and marketer of bioethanol and leader in bio-based products in the world. Beyond our world-class culture, POET team members enjoy competitive pay and benefits including:
- Attractive Relocation Assistance and Bonus Programs for qualifying positions and/or locations
- Competitive pay, including shift premium pay for qualifying positions
- Quarterly Profit-Sharing Bonuses, and Bi-Annual Incentive Bonuses
- Individual and family plans for health, dental, & vision insurance, including a generous employer Health Savings Account contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- A multifaceted wellness program encompassing the whole person – mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Onsite fitness centers or fitness reimbursements
- 401K with company match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Excellent work-life balance with a 'family-first' culture
- Safety and cold weather gear reimbursements
- Discounted home and auto insurance
The Regional Plant Engineer (RPE) position is all about creating efficiencies by leading improvements at multiple POET Bioprocessing locations. The Regional Plant Engineer will partner with multiple POET Bioprocessing facilities and their teams including the General Managers and Plant Managers, while reporting to the Operations Engineering Manager. The Regional Plant Engineer will spend their time focusing on how to leverage knowledge across many bioprocessing locations to increase the effectiveness and speed of project and procedural implementation.
**This role can report out of our Arthur, Coon Rapids, or Corning locations**
DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE)...
- You will partner with the bioprocessing facilities to develop, present, and manage capital request projects and economic justifications with plant leadership teams and POET Plant Management.
- You will identify opportunities for plant improvements and work with a team of engineers to initiate and implement system wide continuous improvements and cost savings projects.
- You will partner with assigned locations to execute the implementation of assigned projects, and common optimization efforts, and environmental, health and safety initiatives.
- You will assist with managing the Management of Change/Process Safety Management documentation for assigned locations.
- You will monitor capital improvement projects to ensure consistency across bioprocessing facilities.
- You will exercise your problem solving skills when partnering with the bioprocessing facility’s leadership teams, fellow engineers in the field and at our corporate office, when reviewing operational and troubleshooting challenges including shutdowns.
- Since we’re all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skills may be put to a lot of other uses!
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or greater in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering. Other engineering degrees will be considered.
- Preferably, you’ve gained experience already working for 5 or more years in a processing plant environment such as grains or chemicals.
- If you’ve had prior leadership and project management we’ll leverage those strengths frequently.
- Your experience with DCS control and DCS historian systems, working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations is considered an added bonus.
- You’ve been called excellent at organizational, time management, and communication skills and you not only welcome change, but you embrace it.
- You have the ability to understand technical and day to day operation of a bioprocessing facility.
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite. You’re capable of learning new programs.
At POET we believe in developing our team members to their highest potential and recognizing contributions that add value to the organization. Each new team member’s position and compensation are carefully determined by considering their unique qualifications and skillset.
- Culture is king at POET. We’re all on the same team. We always communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These aren’t just slogans on our walls. It’s the way we do things at POET.
- Up to 50% travel will be part of the norm for this position to visit the bioprocessing facilities, meetings and site visits. At times overnight travel will be required.
- The work environment at POET is dynamic. You should expect a balance between time spent in the office and at the bioprocessing facilities, which may include some physical labor helping your teammembers.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). POET complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding hiring and employment. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Are you 18 years of age or older?
- Can you, upon employment, provide documented proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States?
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B, TN, etc.)?
- Have you completed a high school diploma or GED equivalent?
Work Location: In person