SafeworkCM specializes in providing all aspects of construction management, project management, safety management and construction inspection. From the beginning of a project to the very end the SafeworkCM professionals are committed to the success of each project on which we work.
Our employees are the key to our success in providing professional services. What they contribute to our projects and to the company is much more than just doing a "job." In return we are committed to providing our employees with a great place to give their talents, an inclusive environment, and projects that make a difference in the lives of others.
We work hard to provide an unparalleled experience for our clients. To do this we understand that people are the backbone of our company. For this reason, we offer industry leading benefits and competitive salaries for professionals who are passionate about serving their clients.
Position Description: SafeworkCM is currently hiring for Office Engineer.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide limited office management of a construction management project
- Review and update schedules and record drawings
- Keep logs of contract documents
- Take meeting minutes
- Process contractor pay estimates
- Upload documents to project's construction management document control site
- Review certified payroll
- Perform engineering submittal review for compliance with contract documents
- Analyze material test reports for contract compliance
- Review material submittals for contract compliance
- Respond to Request for Information (RFIs)
- Perform quantity calculations
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a directly related field
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience
- Valid California Driver's license
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Experience with Office Engineering duties on large construction projects
- Experience with Labor Compliance and verification of Certified Payrolls
- Caltrans Office Engineering experience
- E.I.T. Preferred
BE CHALLENGED, BE INSPIRED.
With SafeworkCM, you'll play a part in solving complex technical challenges with innovative, sustainable, and dependable solutions. If you're a driven professional looking to build your skills while building a better world, you could be a great fit for SafeworkCM.
We recognize that our employees are the most valuable asset of the company, so SafeworkCM makes an investment in human resources and technologies. We assist employees in developing successful career goals as we believe positive and confident employees are a key source of competitive advantage for SafeworkCM in the marketplace.
Wherever you are in your career – just starting out or a seasoned professional – your benefits represent an important part of your overall compensation. SafeworkCM is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
SafeworkCM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. We prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, and medical conditions including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. This includes unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone having any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. Safework, Inc. is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in Safework, Inc. operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of SafeworkCM, including supervisors and co-workers.